Learn to serve adolescent to elderly populations in acute or primary care settings. Prepare for the AANPCP exam. Provide evidence-based compassionate care and improve your community.
Program Fast Facts
- CCNE-accredited program
- 98 percent AANPCP exam pass rates for graduates over the past five years
- Offering both Primary and Acute tracks
- Prepare to sit for either the AANPCB, ANCC or the AACN national certification exams
- Ranked #65 Best Nursing School by U.S. News
Additionally, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) Occupational Employment Statistics confirms strong overall wage growth for Nurse Practitioners:
- Average national salary for Nurse Practitioners: $104,610*
- New Jersey is ranked as the #5 top paying state with an average salary of $115,230*
When you earn your online Master of Science in Nursing in Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner (M.S.N., A.G.N.P.) from Seton Hall University, you graduate ready to promote wellness, prevent illness and manage the health and illness needs of adults across the lifespan. You will also study with an institution that has been a longtime leader in compassionate and forward-looking care.
The program also offers you the flexibility to choose a track in either Primary Care or Acute Care to realize your nursing career goals.
Primary Care Track: Focus on disease prevention, health promotion and the management of patients with multisystem health problems. Prepare for practice in a primary care office, occupational health clinic, university health clinic, assisted living, and long-term care facilities.
Acute Care Track: Prepare to take care of patients with acute and chronic disease management within hospital, urgent care, emergency room and subacute settings. Focus on a population with acute, critical and chronic illness, disability or injury.
Prepare for high-paying Nurse Practitioner positions offering a median annual salary of $104,610.*
Seton Hall M.S.N, A.G.N.P.: Build the Skills for Superior Care
- Study in a high-quality program that has led to a 98 percent AANPCP exam pass rates for graduates over the past five years.
- Develop the skills to manage the health and illness of patients based on the analysis of health histories, physical exams and developmental and behavioral assessments in either acute or primary care settings.
- Experience an immersive education from hands-on faculty who provide close mentoring and career support.
- Learn at a Catholic university in a values-based curriculum that instills a commitment to lifelong learning, service and leadership for the greater good of patients.
- Receive the career resources and connections you need to fill the industry’s current nurse practitioner shortage.
- Founded in 1937, the College of Nursing at Seton Hall was the first school in New Jersey and the first Catholic college on the east coast to offer an undergraduate program in nursing.
An online M.S.N., A.G.N.P. from Seton Hall University provides the immersive experiences and quality education you need to become a highly qualified nurse practitioner and excel in your career. Learn more about your next step in this high-demand field by contacting an Online Admissions Counselor at (844) 823-1198 or complete the form.
*“Occupational Employment and Wages May 2016 - 29-1171 Nurse Practitioners.” U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Accessed on December 12, 2017. www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes291171.htm#nat.
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing/master's degree program in nursing/Doctor of Nursing Practice program and post-graduate APRN certificate programs at Seton Hall University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
Seton Hall University is able to offer these online programs to select states in the U.S., but is still awaiting full approval from other states. Please consult the State Authorizations page to determine if you are located in a state in which Seton Hall University can confer an online degree or call us at (844) 823-1198 for any questions.